30 Best Horse Charcoal Pencil Drawings

Best charcoal drawing horse

hi everyone welcome to a new video thanks for tuning in today so today I have the spin up version of this portrait for you so last week I uploaded a real-time tutorial of the horses halter one of the horses halter so you can watch that if you're interested in a real-time
 
piece of this drawing and today I have the spit up tutorial for you so this drawing took about 15 hours in total to make so quite long and I split it up into about 19 minutes so it's quite it's quite fast but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway I'll talk you through the techniques

 

Dark Horse Charcoal Pencil Drawings

I'm using: as well the whole real-time pencil horse drawing version of the drawing with narration is available on patreon for the $7 tier so if you're interested in following along recreating this drawing you can so feel free to sign up and I really appreciate your support it allows me to keep 

going keep doing more of these so let's get on with the materials first I am using two pintail mechanical pencils I have 10.3 millimeters with be less and then a 0.5 millimeters with a to be light so those are the two mechanical pencils that I use and then I have some




realistic horse drawing pencils I use: fabric estelle graphite pencils I have a an HB that's the only one I'm using an HB and then I have a Stabilo graphite pencil to be but the brand doesn't really matter as long as it's archival if you want to sell the work but the brand's don't really matter so I'm using a 2 b 

HB and then the two mechanical pencils then the paper is kids on 155 7 180 grams and then for additional materials I'm using a an indenting tool a blending stump and then a kneaded eraser and a tumble Montezuma eraser so that's it oh and at the end I'm also using a bit of black



this is horse drawing reference


some tips and tricks: colored pencil so black polychromos just a high pop the contrast a bit I like how that looks so let's get on with the drawing so I have the sketched already sketch horse drawing I have the sketch already mapped out as you can see and then I'm starting off with the left horse the reference is from 

pixabay it's royalty-free reference so if you want to use it to you can that's no problem and on patreon I also have the line arts available to trace if you want to so I'm starting off with the left horses I I'm working with the mechanical pencils because it allows me to get 




Black and white horse drawing with charcoal pencil:
into the really small details the point stay sharp at all times so I don't need to sharpen the pencils and they are really suitable for the smallest details so that's why I like to use the mechanical pencils so with the mechanical pencil I map out the basic shapes in the eye easy cute horse drawing.



charcoal horse drawing face

then to darken up the darkest shadows I use the HB from fabric estelle and the drawing itself is not very large actually it's 8 by 10 inches so the details are very small especially the eyes so I try to put as many dates or detail in it as possible then after that I started off 

with the fur on the face so it's really important to to know in which direction the fur is growing so with the left horse the perspective is slightly from behind so you can see the jaw and the bottom of the chin and you really need to figure out in which direction the first

Post a Comment

0 Comments